Pages

February 14, 2011

Not Saying I Did That!

I have found that no matter what happens, no matter how tragic, oppressive or devastating, if I am given a little bit of time, a little bit of sunshine, a little bit of fresh air, this healthy green shoot finds its way to the surface.

It pushes up through the landscape of my mind and heart in a sort of gentle defiance to the situation. There are times when I despised it, when it seemed inappropriate to the situation. Like, ahh............wanting to caress your girlfriend's leg at a funeral. (I'm not saying I did that!)

I have had those days, as many of you have, when I'm tired of life down here. I'm not referring to suicide, but a prayer that says, "Lord, please take me, I've had enough of this world".

And then............. there it is. I'm not sure what to call it. I think it may be Hope.

Maranatha

No comments: