Pages

January 23, 2011

Perspective

Good Morning Lord

Here is another day and I am not ready for it. As soon as I awake, I am aware of situations that cause me concern.

Sleep is a blessing but not a solution. Some problems are like wounds inflicted in an explosion. There are little bits of matter imbedded in my flesh. Some are deep, some are shallow....... all need to come out.

Morning, for me, is an assesment. I sense the challenges of the day, the unresolved conflicts, the looming threats, the expectations of others, and honestly, they intimidate me. That is what drives me to this quiet place. You help me put all of these things in perspective and that perspective is gained by considering You.

In Your presence, some shards are removed and some receive fresh dressing. You bind up the ankle and I put on the boots and trudge off for another day.

I don't have to succeed, I just have to serve.

I don't have to succeed, I just have to serve.

I don't have to succeed, I just have to serve.

One foot in front of the other.

Maranatha. Thank you Lord

No comments: