Pages

December 31, 2016

Men and Dreams

Dear Lord,

I have such a strong sense of destiny and you know how desperately I want to be significant; to make a mark.

It is clear to me now, that some dreams must die or I will have no peace.

We are told over and over again how important we are but one trip to the nursing home or the cemetary speaks otherwise.

You have a purpose and a place for me some day but I'm not focused on that right now.

"Focus Carl, focus."

Thank you, Lord. I needed that.


Men and Dreams

What we thought we would find
At the end of the climb
Oh the heart of men and their dreams

Where is it? Where is it?
This dream I pursue?
The things I will make?
The things I must do?

Men and dreams, men and dreams
What we thought we would find
All the paths we have walked
All the hills we have climbed

And now to look back
And say with a sigh
It was You who bid me come
And You who bid me die.

Men and dreams, men and dreams
What we thought we would find
All the paths we have walked
All the hills we have climbed

Amen

No comments: